I will be speaking at the next World Conference of Rationalist International, on 23-24 April, in the Baltic city of Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, a secular EU country.
I hope to see you there if you attend, and I look forward to a fascinating and productive conference.
I will be speaking about lessons from Ireland on secularism and human rights, along with three former speakers at Atheist Ireland events in Dublin: Sanal Edamaruku from India, Taslima Nasrin from Bangladesh and Maryam Namazie from Iran.
The full speaker list includes Adrian Bailey, Susan Blackmore, Sanal Edamaruku, Robert Eagle, Wojciech Krysztofiak, Maryam Namazie, Taslima Nasrin, Michael Nugent, Irma Peiponen, AC Peter, Edwina Rogers, Nina Sankari, Michael Sherlock, David Silverman, Marit M Simonsen, Jacek Tabisz, K. Veeramani, G.Vijayam and Tiina Vilponen,
Apart from the keynote speakers, there will be Panel Discussions during the conference covering the following topics:
1) Faith Healers, Dangerous Cults and Psychopathic Sects
2) Weird Experiences, Miracles and Paranormal claims
3) Blasphemy laws and Free Speech
4) Pseudo-science, pseudo-medicine and claims of magical cure
5) Religious fundamentalism and extremism
6) Role of media and social media in the fight against unreason
7) Secularisation of Education, Arts and Charity
Early Bird registration closes soon. You can buy your Registration ticket here.
You can see the Facebook page for the Conference here.
And read an article about it from Rationalist International Bulletin