I gave the Irish Skeptics’ first public lecture of 2015 yesterday on the topic: “Tough on ideas, supportive of people – how atheist and skeptic groups can be robust, inclusive and ethical.”
I covered five areas where we can be tough on ideas and supportive of people.
1. Promoting skeptical inquiry over faith-based conclusions
2. Promoting atheism over faith-based supernaturalism
3. Promoting natural compassion and ethics
4. Promoting inclusive, caring atheist groups
5. Promoting fair and just societies with secular government
The lecture took place in Wynnes Hotel Dublin. Q&A to follow later.